OBITUARY
Robert Prytor
Fort Scott Tribune, January 28, 1933


“BOB” PRYOR DEAD
Former Employe of Brick Plant and City, Died Early Today


Robert Pryor, better known as “Bob”, a former employe of the brick yard and city, and a resident of this vicinity all his life, passed away this morning at 6:45 at the family home, 101 South Washington street, of heart trouble. He had been bedfast for four weeks.

The deceased, a son of Mr. and Mrs. A.J. Pryor, was born four miles northeast of Fort Scott on May 18, 1867, being 65 years, 8 months and 9 days of age. He was married to Mrs. Annie Copeland in Fort Scott on Aug. 21, 1901, and she survives him.

He is also survived by four children: Mrs. Maude Thornton, R.R.1, city; John Pryor, city; William A. Copeland, Parsons; Mrs. Winnie Brewer, San Francisco; also by one brother, Will Pryor of Sioux City, Ia., and five grandchildren.

Mr. Pryor had worked for the brick yard and city for 25 years. He had a genial disposition and was esteemed for his many sterling qualities. He was devoted to his home and family and always seemed interested in all modern improvements and buildings that would help Fort Scott. he was a member of teh Christian Church of Chapel Grove neighborhood, having belonged since 1885. He was also a member of Camp 1599 of the M.W.A.

The funeral will be held from the Church of God, Wall and Broadway, Sunday at 3 o’clock, conducted by Rev. T.M. Tucker.

The remains will lie in state at the home until the time of the funeral.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“BOB” PRYOR FUNERAL


The Church of God was filled to capacity yesterday afternoon by a large concourse of friends and neighbors, who came to pay their last respects to Robert “Bob” Pryor, former brick yard and city employe, who died Saturday morning. the Mary and Martha class attended in a body.

Rev. T.M. Tucker took the scripture lesson from Job 28:1-7 and John 11:1-10. his text, “There is a path which no fowl knoweth and which the vulture’s eye hath not seen.”

The minister spoke of how man had found a path into the heart of the earth, over the earth’s surface, under the sea and through the air, butthere is a path explored by Christ alone, “that is the path from earth to glory.”

A quartet consisting of Mrs. J. Bloomfield, Mrs. Lillie Wagner, Mrs. Ina Wilson and Harry McMains snag the hymns. “The Old Rugged Cross” and “Sometime We’ll Understand.” Mr. McMains also sang the solo, “No Night There.” Miss Miriam McFadden was the pianist.

The floral offerings were many and profuse. there was a large casket block inscribed, “Father” and pieces from the children and relatives; also tokens of love and esteem from “Neighbors”, M.W.A. Lodge, B.C. Douglas camp, R.N.A.; Victory neighbors and many personal offerings from old acquaintances and friends.

Interment was made in Chapel Grove cemetery. Pallbearers were Than Davis, Frank Woods, Gus Shackleford, Charles Johnson, Charles Lightwine and B.F. Wagner.




Back to Obituaries